VIDEO – The Obesity Explosion in the US: Rhode Islanders are sinking to the bottom
“Not in my house!”
I’ll never forget the surge of anger I felt at the gym the day my personal trainer Matt told me Rhode Island had tanked in the rankings for obesity. “Did you see the new report that just came out?” he said. “RI used to be top 10% for good health, and we dropped to 29th in the country.”
WHAT?! I was so mad – watch this video to find out why:
At JTab today having a chat with trainer Matt Prez on the % of adults in RI that are obese – and, what we can do about it.
Posted by Michelle Cournoyer Girasole on Wednesday, November 14, 2018
We are more fired up than ever to do what we can to reverse this trend. It is our job and responsibility to share what we’ve learned with others, and build food awareness and programs to help. Here are some resources to see where you fall on the BMI scale. Reach out if you don’t like what you see, and need help hitting your health goals!
How to calculate your BMI:
- divide your weight in kilograms (kg) by your height in metres (m)
- then divide the answer by your height again to get your BMI.
- Underweight: Your BMI is less than 18.5.
- Healthy weight: Your BMI is 18.5 to 24.9.
- Overweight: Your BMI is 25 to 29.9.
- Obese: Your BMI is 30 or higher.
FIND YOURS – Calculator:
HISTORY of the US FOOD PYRAMID
Government Policies and Programs